Places to visit
Best things to do
- Enjoy one the top beaches at east coast of India – Mahabalipuram Beach
- Experience the taste of french culture and relaxed atmosphere in Auroville in Pondicherry
- Seek the blessings of goddess Parvati at the banks of Kanyakumari
- Climb the Dodabetta Peak for an excellent view of the Nilgiri hills
- Explore the markets of Tiruchirapali
Time & Duration
Best time to visit :
November to March
Suggested duration :
7 to 10 days
- Tamil Nadu is the eleventh largest state in India by area, sixth-most populous state according to the Human Development Index in 2011 and is the second – largest state economy in India after Maharashtra.
- It has picturesque spots, continuing heritage, cultural confluence and aesthetic magnificence.
- Called the ‘Cultural Capital of India’ for its deep-rooted traditions and age-old heritage, Chennai also has a young heart.
- Reputed as a modern urban hill town built in a traditional colonial style, the town of Ootacamund, also known as Ooty is located at an altitude of 2,240 meters.