Places to visit
Best things to do
- Observe the beautiful Nathu La pass the bond between Tibet and Sikkim
- Peaceful Kamakhya temple in Guwahati
- Eye catching Rock garden in Darjeeling
- Visit Umiam lake for peace at its best
- Visit second largest monastery in the world -Tawang monastery
Time & Duration
Best time to visit :
October to May
Suggested duration :
9 to 12 days
- Tourism in this area is based around the unique Himalayan landscape and culture distinct from the rest of India.
- Guwahati, is the best hub for journeys into other North-Eastern states like Arunachal Pradesh or Meghalaya.
- The people of North-East India have historically had close ethnic and cultural bonds with Tibet, Bhutan, and Myanmar. Thus, you see the prevalence of Tibeto-Burmese languages in many towns.
- Northeast India with both physical and human diversities is one of the most promising regions of the country in respect of tourism.